In 2XP, sophomores will be able to live together in a community where they can engage in activities that support their unique needs, challenge themselves to build on their experiences, and celebrate the knowledge and talents they bring to Lauder College House. We will support each other through reflective conversations during exclusive study breaks, dinner, and events featuring special guests from campus resources. We will challenge each other through leadership development activities and trainings, mentorship initiatives, and civic engagement projects. We will celebrate each other through experience-sharing, special excursions, and showcase events throughout the academic year.
Students who participate in 2XP activities will be able to:
- Reflect on their experiences to recognize their growth from first to second year
- Apply their skills and knowledge to the benefit of the house and local community through mentoring and civic engagement projects
- Connect with campus resources from a variety of departments
- Develop meaningful relationships with community peers, faculty, and staff
- Practice life skills in preparation for off-campus (or post-college) living environments
- Engage in activities and discussion that promote career goals
To get the most out of 2XP, students should be prepared to:
- Arrive to campus in advance of upperclassmen move-in to participate in an overnight leadership and community development retreat (Retreat suspended for the 2021-2022 school year)
- Participate in monthly community meetings
- Plan and host/facilitate an event for 2XP members during Fall or Spring semester
- Participate in at least one activity in each of the following categories:
- Support — activities focus on encouraging healthy self-concept and building resilience (examples: wellness activities, small-group discussions, dinners)
- Challenge —activities focus on identifying skills, knowledge, attitudes to be developed, strengthened or discovered (examples: workshops, panel discussion)
- Celebrate — activities focus on recognizing the skills, talents, and progress of others and developing a sense of pride in one's contributions (examples: talent showcase events, note-writing, community awards)
- Engage in at least one of the following projects external to the community:
- Meliora Ambassador peer mentor— provides guidance and activities for first-year students in LCH (peer mentoring suspended for 2021-2022)
- Weekly Service project— participate in volunteer work to benefit a local Philadelphia agency; engage in ongoing reflective conversations about community needs
- Community Circle Leader—facilitate circle conversations to support LCH residents with interpersonal conflicts
- Training and development for each of these projects will be provided.
The application process for 2XP 2021-22 has concluded. Applications for 2XP 2022-23 will be accepted in February 2022.